Hire Terms and Conditions
- The customer is aware of the business hours of the given branch
- The customer accepts that all hired items are received complete and in good condition and is responsible for the items once it has left the branch.
- The customer must supply to the hirer acceptable proof of identity - No ID … No Hire.
- When hired items are booked in advance(reserved) a booking fee (Deposit ) is payable at the point of booking to reserve the items for the date required - Should the item/s not be collected or in the event of cancellations the booking fee (DEPOSIT ) IS NON REFUNDABLE. No Refunds will be made on items that are kept for the hire period regardless if worn or not.
- The customers Cancelled functions / events due to unforseen circumstances – will not be the responsibility of the Hirer, NO REFUNDS will be issued – but postponment and a new date of hire is permitted.
- The hirer accepts no responsibility for any missing, damaged or incorrect items once they have left the branch and/ or accepted by the customer- Please check all items before leaving the store.
- The items remain the property of the hirer at all times- Not for Sale. If the customer finds any discrepancies it must be reported immediately.
- The customer must not alter hired items in any way- all alterations are done in store.
- The customer accepts that the hire period is that stated on the signed contract and no extensions or change to the hire period will be accepted without written agreement and consent.
- The customer accepts that all hired items must be returned before 12h00 on the following business date after the function- specified as the RETURN DATE on the signed contract. Or Fees will be charged as per below point 2.1- LATE RETURNS.
- The customer accepts that all items will be returned to the branch of the signed contract.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances preventing the return at the time allocated, please contact the branch Immediately, Cash Penalties will be charged accordingly.
- The customer accepts that any costs incurred as a result of -stains/damages to the hired items will be payable from the customer’s account.
- Before and after a booking- the Hirer sends all items for specialized cleaning so items are not to be cleaned by the customer.
- The customer understands that the hirer accepts no responsibility to the customer or third party for loss, damage to property or injury to the person(s) in any form on the hire premises.
- The customer understands that Costumes, accessories and props are hired and used at the customers own risk- please take caution.
- The hirer accepts no responsibility for any unforeseen circumstances which could lead to the non-availability of the hired dress/item from the time of paying a deposit/booking fee to the date of collection.
- All Complaints must please be addressed to the hirers immediately.
2.0 SECURITY DEPOSIT
The customer accepts that the security deposit charged per contract/hire item is subject to the following terms:
- Late Returns: A charge equal to 50% of the TOTAL HIRE FEE will accrue for each date late on return of the dress/Item. THE CUSTOMER WILL BE LIABLE FOR THESE COSTS.
- Lost or damaged- If any items have been lost or damaged a replacement charge will be made and deducted from the customers Security Deposit. Lost items will be charged in FULL at the discretion of the owner.
- Non Returns- In the event of the item not being returned within 10days of the agreed RETURN DATE, the hirer contract shall convert to a Sales Agreement and in addition to the hired charges you will be invoiced for the full sale value of the item/s and shall be deemed to have purchased the item/s.
- Cost- In the event that- THAT'S the DRESS - having to take legal action against you the customer to recover any amount owing to us- you will be liable for all costs incurred between attorney and client.
- Receipt- Should the deposit be withheld by the branch in part or full, the customer must obtain a receipt. No complaint will be considered by the hirer without a valid receipt.
- All refunds of Deposits via card transactions can take up to 7 working days as per normal banking procedures.
3.0 PAYMENT AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Payment for hired items and the deposit may all be made by Cash or Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Or Credit Card, Cheques are not accepted
- A 20% handling fee on the value of the total item/Hire amount will be charged on all CANCELLED cash or card or EFT transactions.
- Where payment is made via EFT, Proof of payment must be presented prior to release /delivery of items
- Where credit card details are left with the branch as a means of security deposit the customer authorizes the hirer to debit the customer’s account in the event of loss damage or late return as stated above.