Hire Terms and Conditions
- The customer is aware of the business hours of the branch.
- The customer is responsible for the hire items once they have left the branch.
- The customer must supply to the hirer acceptable proof of identity.
- The customer accepts that all hire items are received complete and in good condition.
- The hirer accepts no responsibility for missing,damaged or incorrect items once they have left the branch and / or accepted by the customer.
- The items remain the property of the hirer at all times
- The customer must not alter hire items in any way
- The customer must report any discrepancies to the hirer immediately.
- The customer accepts that in the event of cancellation, refunds are at the discretion of the hirer. Cancellation must be notified to the branch immediately and all items returned. No refunds will be made where items are kept for the full hire period regardless of worn or not.
- The customer accepts that the hire period that is stated on the contract and that no extensions or change to hire period is accepted without written agreement.
- The customer accepts that all hire items must be returned before 12h00 of business on the date specified as return date on the contract.
- The customer accepts that all items will be returned to the branch.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances preventing the return, please contact the branch immediately.
- The customer accepts that any costs incurred returning items to the branch are for the customers account.
- The customer accepts that any costs incurred as a result of stains and damages to the items are for the customers account .
- Due to specialized cleaning requirements all items are cleaned by the hirer
- Where hire items are booked in advance ( reserved ) a booking fee is payable at the point of booking to reserve the items for the date required. Should the items not be collected or cancelled, the booking fee is Non Refundable.
- The customer accepts that the hirer accepts no responsibility to the customer or third party for loss, damage to property or injury to person(S) in any form. Costumes, accessories and props are hired and used at the customers own risk.
- The hirer accepts no responsibility in any unforeseen circumstances which can lead to the non – availability of the dress from the time of paying a deposit/ booking fee to the date of delivery.
- Complaints must be addressed to the hirer immediately.
2.0. SECURITY DEPOSIT
* The customer accepts that the security deposit charged per contract / hire item is subject to the following terms:
LATE RETURNS: A charge equal to 50% of the total hire fee will accrue for each day late on return of the dress/item. This amount will be deducted from the security deposit, and if an extra balance is still owing the customer will be liable for this.
LOST OR DAMAGED: Where items have been lost or damaged there will be a replacement charge deducted from the security deposit.
NON RETURNS: In the event of the item not being returned within the 10 days of the agreed return date, the hire contract shall convert to a Sales Agreement and in addition to the hire charges you will be invoiced for the full sale value of the item and shall be deemed to have purchased same.
COST: In the event that - That’s the Dress – has to take legal action against you, the customer, to recover any amount owing you will be liable for all costs incurred as between attorney and client.
RECEIPT: Should the deposit be withheld by the branch in part or in full the customer must obtain a receipt. No complaint will be considered by the hirer without a valid receipt.
3.0. PAYMENT AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Payment for hire items and the deposit may all be made by Cash or Electronic Fund Transfer ( EFT ) OR Credit Card. Cheques are not accepted.
- A 10% handling fee on the value of the total Item / Hire amount , will be charged on all cancelled cash or card transactions.
- Where payment is made via EFT, Proof of Payment must be presented prior to release /delivery of items.
- Where credit card details are left with the branch as a means of security deposit, the customer authorizes the hirer to debit the customers account in the event of loss, damage or late return as stated above.